Charlie Bossart Machine Shop
The Aeronautics and Astronautics shop offers the campus community a wide array of fabrication services for your research needs. We can assist in your design, prototype and fabrication during all phases of your project. We have a range of modern machining tools.
- Fabrication, ranging from prototypes to production runs
- Precision machining in traditional materials (stainless, aluminum, brass, steel, copper, plastics, carbon fiber, phenolic, fiberglass)
- Precision machining in exotic materials (titanium, magnesium, molybdenum, macor, ceramics, chromium copper)
- Requirements ranging from ultra-high vacuum chambers, probe designs
- Consulting services available for manufacturing, tooling and assembly
|Shop Rate||Classes and Student Projects Rate|
*Applies for setup and any additional support.
Machine shop staff has 20+ years of experience specializing prototype, fabrication and design.
|1||Fortus 400mc 3D printer|
|2||Micro drill press|