Every day the future is being expanded in our labs.
From the development of advanced unoccupied aerial vehicles to new aerodynamic techniques and unconventional space propulsion concepts, the faculty and students of the Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics are honing the cutting edge of tomorrow's technologies.
- Autonomous Flight Systems Lab
- Robotics, Aerospace, and Information Networks
- Nonlinear Dynamics and Control Lab
- Autonomous Control Laboratory
- UW Boeing Controls Collaboration
- Aircraft Icing and Aerodynamics
- Computational Fluid Mechanics
- Fluid Dynamics & Aerodynamics
- Quantitative Flow Visualization
- Detonation Engines
- Combustion & Gas Dynamics
- Microgravity Science
- Multiphase Flow and Heat Transfer
- Williams Lab
- Computational Plasma Dynamics
- Plasma Dynamics Lab
- The Plasma Science and Innovation Center (PSI)
- Steady Inductive Helicity Injected Torus (HIT-SI)
- Flow Z-Pinch Experiment (ZaP)
- Laboratory for Engineered Materials and Structures
- Laboratory for Multiscale Analysis of Materials and Structures
If you are interested in connecting with faculty or sponsoring a research project, please contact our External Relations office to set up a department visit.