The William E. Boeing Department of Aeronautics & Astronautics is looking forward to celebrating with its Class of 2023 with our special guest speaker, Distinguished Alumnus Howard Hu!
On Thursday, June 8, 2023 (5:30 pm Pacific Time), the Department of Aeronautics & Astronautics will celebrate the class of 2023 at Kane Hall 130 here on the UW campus. We will also stream the event for friends and family who can not attend.
[UW Commencement is a separate event. Visit the UW Commencement page for those details and registration.]
COVID reminders for you and your guests
- Stay home if you're sick. It's hard when there is much to celebrate, but it’s important.
- We will be following state protocols at the time of the event.
5:15 pm - Be There, Be Dressed.
Arrive in your cap and gown. Your guests may start to find their seats.
5:30 pm - Start.
The ceremony will start promptly at 5:30 pm.
Graduation tickets will be released in late May after students complete exit surveys.
We will have a livestream of the ceremony on YouTube: https://youtube.com/uwaeroastro
Arrival & Check-In
- Participating students do not need a ticket (only guests need tickets).
- Students will be directed to check in upon arrival to receive your name card and line-up order.
- Leave backpacks and bags in the car.
- Students are expected to wear business casual attire under their gowns.
- Graduates will walk across the stage, which includes a few stairs up and down. Choose shoes according to your comfort and confidence.
In the ticketing process, you can indicate if you or your guests need accessible accommodations.
The most convenient Kane Hall parking is in the Central Plaza Garage, located at the intersection of 15th Ave and 41st St NE. Odd-numbered lots (C01, C03, C05) are closest to the Kane elevator. Parking permits can be purchased through the UW Transportation Payment Portal, the self-serve kiosk at the CPG entrance, or by using the PayByPhone app or website. Self-serve and PayByPhone may only be used in CPG lots 02, 03, and 04. Permits can also be purchased at a staffed gatehouse. Rates vary depending on date, time, and event schedules, more information can be found on the UW Visitor Parking website.
To learn more about graduation eligibility, degree requirements, or other end-of-year business, contact the academic advising team:
Undergraduate Advising: firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate advising: email@example.com