Aeronautics & Astronautics Strategic Plan
Effective content in, structure of, and access to curricular and extracurricular opportunities that foster technical and professional skills and advance innovations.
- Enhance our curriculum and extracurriculars with additional new A&A offerings and established offerings from other departments.
- Engagement with pre-A&A students to introduce aerospace engineering and department research
- Active alumni and industry network to prepare students for technical careers.
STAGE ONE ASSESSMENT ACTIVITIES
First year (2022)
- Map UG curriculum relative to current and proposed ABET criteria and other top programs.
- Analyze current department exit survey data of UG job placement, extracurriculars, and course feedback.
- Add questions to UG department exit survey on developing confidence and leadership skills and technical expertise.
To provide holistic education, we will:
JUMP TO: Assess our curriculum Engage pre-A&A students Activate alumni and industry network
Enhance our curriculum and extracurriculars with additional new A&A offerings and established offerings from other departments.
- BS curriculum with strength in fundamentals and flexibility for emerging areas of innovation
- BS: 95% career placement at graduation
- MS: 95% career placement at graduation
- BS: 2 internships/REU experiences before senior year
- Annual graduate program student data analysis
- Strong mentoring program for PhD students with feedback mechanisms throughout doctoral program
- Strong student onboarding and ongoing engagement with frequent, informal exchanges
- Bridge to MS program with at least 10 students directed toward A&A MS/MAE per year
- Formal professional development program for all students
- Increase continuing education offerings
Engagement with pre-A&A students to introduce aerospace engineering and department research.
- Formal integration of sophomores into department curriculum including potential transfer students.
Active alumni and industry network to prepare students for technical careers.
- Intentional industry engagement program at all degree levels.
FUTURE GOAL FOR ASSESSMENT
Second year (2023)
- Analyze our undergraduate exit survey with the new entries capturing qualitative data.