2017 Senior Capstone Projects
The BSAAE includes an intensive senior capstone project providing students with focused industry mentoring, interdisciplinary teamwork, written and oral communication skills, engagement with regulatory requirements, fiscal and procurement management, social and ethical considerations, and market awareness. The 2016-2017 Senior Capstone projects include the following options:
Space Systems Design
(Advisers: Knowlen, Vaughan) Large team effort focusing on design and construction of a cubesat rocket payload. This team collaborates closely with the extra-curricular, student-organization "SARP", which includes freshmen through junior undergraduates.
(Advisers: Livne, Nelson) Large team effort focusing on design, construction and flight of a scaled fixed-wing aircraft from first principles.
Industry Sponsored Small Team Projects
- Boeing | Airplane Design/Modification for Short-Range 5 Passenger Electric Commuter Aircraft
- Daher Aerospace| Process validation and characterization of a ‘Vacuum Bag Only’ composites material - Tests and digital model comparison.
- MicaSense | Aerial Pointing and Stabilization System for Advanced Sensors and Testing with Unmanned Aircraft Systems.
- MSNW | Modular Electric Propulsion Diagnostic Instrumentation Cluster (MEDIC Cubesat)
- Stelia Aerospace |Robotic Solution for Aerostructure Bracket Positioning
- Student Funded | Integration of Firefighting Devices with UAV Deployment