- (206) 543-2170
- GUG 311D
Marco Salviato joined the William E. Boeing Department of Aeronautics & Astronautics in the summer of 2015. Formerly, he was a postdoctoral research scholar (2013-2014) and later a Research Assistant Professor (2014-2015) in Civil and Environmental Engineering at Northwestern University.
Prof. Salviato’s research interests are in the areas of Mechanics of Solids and Fracture Mechanics. His research focuses on understanding the mechanical behavior of materials and structures at multiple scales through the formulation of advanced computational and analytical approaches and new experimental techniques. His objective is developing computational and analytical tools to assist the design of lighter aerospace and automotive structures with improved manufacturability, damage tolerance and structural stability and integrity.
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of Padova, 2013
- M.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, University of Padova, 2009
- B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, University of Padova, 2007
Honors & awards
- 2017 University of Washington A&A Best Graduate Educator Award
- 2016 ASME Haythornthwaite Young Investigator Award
- 2012 Italian Association for Strain Analysis Juniores Prize
- 2009 InTesi award