UW students, faculty, and staff
The wind tunnel is scheduled and staffed on a quarterly basis - please submit all requests before the start of each quarter. Reservations are prioritized as follows:
- Academic Courses
- Faculty Research
- Student/RSO Use
If you did not plan your test before the start of the quarter, you must submit requests at least one month in advance. Wind tunnel reservations are subject to staff availability.
After your reservation is confirmed, you must attend Test Engineer Office Hours at least 1 week before your test begins for a model review and operational training (it is recommended that you allow 2 weeks in case your model or test plan needs to be amended and re-reviewed at office hours the following week). Office hours are listed on the Schedule below. If the test engineer is not in the 3x3, please ring the bell inside the Kirsten Wind Tunnel lobby.
Wind Tunnel Reservation Process:
- Submit the Wind Tunnel Request and Test Plan Form (link to the attached document)
- Attend Test Engineer Office Hours at least 1 week prior to your test
- Bring your model and test plan for review
- Bring written approval of your model and test plan from your PI
- Complete the following list of online EHS training courses before attending office hours
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to work with staff on developing a wind tunnel request.
UW students, faculty, and staff may view the wind tunnel schedule by signing in to their UW Google account.