Our Values and Educational Objectives
At the William E. Boeing Department of Aeronautics & Astronautics:
- We promote excellence in education, research and service.
- We are committed to a welcoming culture that actively promotes the academic, professional and personal well-being of all members of the community regardless of individual background.
- We apply standards and expectations equitably to all members of our community.
- We practice respectful, ethical conduct at all times.
- We practice the highest standards of safety in all activities and spaces.
- We recognize, respect and defend the dignity of all members of our community.
- We remove barriers and practice behavior to ensure the academic, professional and personal well-being of all members of our community.
The education of engineers is the Department's key mission.
We prepare graduates to be successful and highly valued engineers in industry, in government organizations, and in institutions of higher learning. Our objective is to graduate engineers who will serve the region, the nation, the profession, and society at large, as follows:
- Our graduates will be engineers who solve critical technical problems related to aerospace engineering, and who devise innovative ways to develop and apply new technologies;
- Our graduates will contribute knowledge to and participate in the identification and solution of problems facing society;
- Our graduates will engage in a lifetime of continuous learning and contribution to all areas of aerospace engineering.
To achieve these objectives, faculty, staff, and teaching assistants pursue excellence in the department’s educational programs, supported by state-of-the-art computing, laboratory, and instructional facilities, and utilize developments in educational technology and engineering education research.
Our program educational objectives are consistent with the mission statements of the University and of the College of Engineering with respect to the preservation, advancement, and dissemination of knowledge. Our objectives enable our graduates to serve the state, the region, and the nation as first-rate engineers and leaders who are ready to make immediate positive contributions to society.