What is the shop rate?
What are the Machine Shop hours?
Fall, Winter, Spring, Mon-Fri 9:00am-7:00pm
Summer, Mon-Th 9:00am-6:00pm
Closed between quarters
(Hours subject to change)
How do I sign up to use AA facilities equipment?
Where do I get my budget number from?
- Ask your PI/advisor which budget number you should use for Coral registration
- If you are working on multiple projects, you may have more than one budget number. If you have more than one budget number, complete the registration process with one of your budget numbers. Once your registration has been fully approved, you can add additional budget numbers from the CORAL web interface at coral.washington.edu, on the My Profile tab.
- You can choose which budget number to use when you log in to the shop - ask the shop staff if you need assistance.
Once I create a Coral account, what else do I need to do?
- The final registration step will be for you to register and attend a shop safety orientation. After the orientation, AA Shop Staff will approve the final step. You may then reserve time or register for other training in the AA Machine Shop.
- Use the A&A Coral Registration Instruction for guidance.
Can I use my ME Coral account to use AA dept equipment?
No, you must go through the Coral registration processes again to utilize AA department equipment.
How do I sign up for equipment training?
Can I borrow tools from the shop?
Some hand tools may be loaned out, email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask about borrowing equipment.
Can I use the shop after hours?
No, the AA Machine Shop is only open to users during posted hours
Can I use the AA Machine Shop for personal hobby use?
No, you must have an associated budget for a UW course/research to utilize AA Machine Shop equipment.
Can non UW students/users use the AA Machine shop?
No, the AA Machine Shop is open to UW students, staff and faculty.
Where do I sign up for the AA Shop Safety Training?
The last step of the Coral registration will ask the user to register for a scheduled safety orientation.