Outreach for all:AA programs
K-12 EmphasisUW programs
- Engineering Discovery Days (formerly Open House)
At Engineering Discovery Days, students and faculty from all UW engineering departments share their work with students, teachers, families and the community. Please join us for hands-on fun and learning. Register now for 2012.
Friday, April 20, 2012 — 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Saturday, April 21, 2012 — 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Mathematics Academy
- Math Academy is an intensive, four-week residential session held on Seattle UW Campus in summer for high school juniors.
- The Pacific Science Center hosts Paws-on-Science for three days each spring with activity stations featuring a University of Washington scientist and interactive activities.
Pre-Majors EmphasisAA programs
- Early fall start discovery seminar (AA198)
- Junior seminar AA 496
- Study Abroad Australia
- This is a new program partnered with LSAMP to provide URM STEM students a unique study abroad opportunity in the use of autonomous vehicles for environmental monitoring and study.
- The UW STEM Bridge helps incoming first-year engineering and science students make a smooth transition to college.
- Emerging Leaders
- Attracts and retains exceptionally capable and diverse groups of young women and men to study engineering and become leaders in society.
- Recognizes the current dilemma of the nation, and definite need for more underrepresented youth in mathematics and the sciences.
- The WiSE program recruits and supports women of all ethnic backgrounds in science and engineering (S&E) and fosters a healthy academic and social environment for men and women in S&E at all levels of study.
- The DO-IT Center promotes the success of individuals with disabilities in postsecondary education and careers, using technology as an empowering tool.
- Open to all students, the Minority Scholars Engineering Program (MSEP) is the College of Engineering’s recruitment and retention program for students. The program is committed to increasing the number of underrepresented students in engineering and computer science. MSEP promotes academic and professional excellence, leadership skill development, and fosters community for its affiliates.