- Professor Mehran Mesbahi to Present at Engineering Lecture Series
- Professor Mehran Mesbahi, PI of the A&A Distributed Space Systems Lab, will present a lecture titled, Flying Smart with Autonomous Vehicles
on Wednesday, November 16, 2011, 7 p.m., at Kane Hall Room 130. Professor Mesbahi will offer insights from engineering and biology to reveal how networked “smart” vehicles will take on challenging aerospace missions, like complex group maneuvers or searching for exoplanets.
- UW/Boeing Wins ASEE/CMC Highest Honors: Excellence in Engineering Education Collaboration Award
- Professor Kuen Lin accepted the The American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE)/Corporate Member Council (CMC) 2011 Excellence in Engineering Education Collaboration Award honoring Boeing and UW for the UW-Boeing Certificate Programs in Composite Materials and Modern Aircraft Structures.
- Lamborghini Aventador Produced in ACSL Lab
- The Aventador, the first production car to come through its entire development process in the UW A&A Automobili Lamborghini Advanced Composite Structures Lab (ACSL) run by Professor Paolo Feraboli, is unveiled.
- Professor Ferrante Receives NSF Early Career Award
- Congratulations to Professor Antonino Ferrante who received the prestigious National Science Foundation Faculty Early Career (CAREER) Development Award. His CAREER project is titled, "Petascale DNS of Evaporating Droplet-Laden Homogeneous Turbulence" and is funded by the Office of CyberInfrastructure, Fluid Dynamics, and Particulate and Multiphase Processes programs of the NSF.
- A&A Distinguished Alum George Jeffs will be Honored as COE Diamond Award Recipient
- Distinguished Alum George Jeffs (BSAE 1945, MSAE 1948) has been selected as the recipient of the College of Engineering's 2011 Diamond Award for Distinguished Achievement in Industry. The Diamond Awards honor outstanding alumni and friends who have made significant contributions to the field of engineering.
- Professor Livne To Be The New Journal of Aircraft Editor-In-Chief
- The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics announced that it "has selected Prof. Eli Livne to succeed Dr. Thomas M. 'Tom' Weeks as the editor-in-chief of the Journal of Aircraft." The journal "is devoted to the advancement of the applied science and technology of airborne flight through the dissemination of original archival papers describing significant advances in aircraft, the operation of aircraft, and applications of aircraft technology to other fields."