Undergraduate Application Procedure
Application Deadline: July 1
Currently enrolled UW students will be able to apply to the department once the College of Engineering application opens for the autumn quarter admission process. The application normally opens up after the spring quarter grades have been posted to student transcripts. It is typically about the third week of June. The application then remains open until July 1st, at which time it closes permanently until the following year.
- Make sure you have completed the A&A prerequisites
- If you are not currently enrolled at UW, you will need to apply to the UW prior to completing an engineering application. Deadlines for UW applications are significantly sooner than engineering. See UW Admissions or contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions: (206) 543-9686 for information and deadlines.
- Submit an application to the College of Engineering. This application is used for all the engineering programs and includes specific instructions and information on what type of documentation is required for each specific department including the A&A department. As soon as your profile is completed on the application, your UW course work and personal information will automatically appear in the application. Indicate which departments you intend to apply to and to compose your personal statement. *If you are not a current UW student but you are a transfer student and you have not yet been offered admission as a pre-engineering student, you will need to enter your course information . It will not automatically be entered.
- Write a brief personal statement (approx. 1 page, not to exceed 500 words) for the A&A department that will give the departmental admissions committee a better understanding of your interest in this program. You may wish to describe your experiences (e.g. work, research, leadership, or extracurricular) that have been important to you. Also, you may wish to discuss any unusual circumstances, any personal hardship or barriers that you have faced and that may have contributed to your academic record or help provide a better understanding of your record.
Optional Supplemental Topics (may be approx. 1 additional page):
- Only if there are missing grades or some unusual circumstances will you need to do additional work on your application.
- Send ALL college transcripts to A&A. A&A requires printed copies of transcripts from all schools attended, including the University of Washington. UW transcripts can be printed from MyUW (select "Printer Friendly Version").The transcripts may be unofficial copies but must be submitted by the July 1st deadline. Send transcripts to:
Undergraduate Admissions Manager
Aeronautics & Astronautics
Box 352400, 211 Guggenheim Hall
Seattle, Wa 98195-2400
Undergraduate Program Contact
Manager, Undergraduate Programs